Berry Cheesecake

Thursday, April 16, 2009

So yesterday was my wedding anniversary and instead of going out for dinner (my fav place was closed) I made a beautiful meal of eye fillet with creamy peppered balsamic sauce with zucchini, red peppers and carrots cooked with butter and smoked paprika it was soo good. Then for desert I made a Low Carb cheesecake, I was soo good even my dh loved it.

Base:
Ground up 3/4 cup Pine Nuts and Pecans
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla pod
2 tsp honey
butter
combined and pressed into little ramekins and refridgerated.

Filling:
125gms Creme Fraiche
125gms Marscarpone
1/2 cup Blueberries
1/2 cup Raspberries
1 tsp vanilla pod
3 tsps gelatin dissolved in tiny bit of hot water.

Topping:
Grated 85% chocolate

This cheesecake is not really sweet but sweet enough and fairly rich so you don't need much, it was heavenly and something I would only eat on a special occassion otherwise I would want to eat it everyday!

8 comments

  1. Delicious! You are a very inventive cook. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, that looks amazing!

    How many years have you been hitched now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is amazing, I love desert! Been hitched two years now, we have been together 10 years this November, since I was 18 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Shell.
    I like that you haven't used an artificial sweetener. Is there any cream cheese in it or just the mascarpone/cremefraiche mix. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jaxz! Yeah I'm not a fan of artificial sweetener...even stevia really. I'd rather use a tiny bit of honey. Mascarpone is 'italian' cream cheese so it's softer but no I didn't use any other cream cheese. It's devine...mmmm thinking i'd like some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks bloomin brilliant! You clever thing you! Im making a paleo style chilli tonight and I may have a go at this!

    Best wishes

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Andy, it sure tastes brilliant! Nice work on your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmmmmm this looks amazing will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.