Sorry I've been away!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I haven't posted in a wee while, I've been away visiting my Mum and her partner, they run a motel up in Auckland so we spent a bit of time with them. Eating there is easy because they both do low carb too. I took my PB Book so Mum had a good read while dh and I went shopping!

The PB Book is an excellent read so far, I haven't had a lot of time to read it all, I'm about 1/3 way through.

My non dairy is going particularly well. I have noticed a bit of an effect with my anxiety, being less than it normally is so I'm going to stick with it and see if it really makes a substantial difference because I really do miss my cheese and cream. Also instead of butter I've been using avocado oil, coconut oil and lard depending on what it is I'm cooking. I've had more nuts since I'm not having cheese too

While we were away we ate out a lot, I managed to eat things like, chicken pieces in garlic - (Indian), Steak, prawns, scallops and bacon and not even tempted by garlic bread and roasted potatoes.

My weight is 81kg so that's a 800gm loss which I'm happy with considering I have eaten quite a lot of food in the past week. Will be interesting to see what happens in the following weeks keeping my dairy to almost non existence and some portion control.

7 comments

  1. Yes! Good job! How is lard? Does it taste good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys, yeah I'm stoked it's still going in the right direction and no stalls. Lard is wonderful, I rendered it very slowly so you can use it for baking if you want. It tastes awesome as does duck fat which is my favourite by far especially for roasting pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it, Shell. I am not ready to give up dairy yet but I will be interested to see how you get on. I found some lard in our local supermarket so I bought some - not quite sure what to do with it but I'll work it out :) My mum used to make wonderful pastry with lard but of course that is off the menu! Where did you get the duck fat from? I have heard that it is marvellous, as is goose fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I do admit it's not easy, I loveeeeee dairy but I think too much. I'm having a lot of coconut cream instead and it's pretty damn good in most cooking too. I haven't found lard to buy off the shelf yet. I get duck fat from a place called Vetro here in New Plymouth, it's a mediterranean whole foods place. It's a 300gm jar for $8.90 and the same for goose fat. It truly is marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the no dairy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing so well! I love reading your blog! Thanks
    M x

    ReplyDelete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.