New Recipes I've tried

Saturday, July 9, 2011

So this week has been pretty good, back into the swing of eating well.  I have tried out two recipes of other bloggers this week and had great success.  The first was Pina Colada ice cream and it's wonderful http://www.urbancavegirl.com/2011/06/pina-colada-ice-cream.html?zx=a8b3b360e6684811 I used canned unsweetened pineapple not frozen.  I can see this being an awesome addition to my summer deserts, yes it is winter here in NZ but I still love ice cream in the winter. 

The other is Low Carb Bread Rolls, yes I know you have all probably tried to make low carb 'bread' but it's pretty good, very similar to the Grain-Free Basic Bread (Coconut Flour Flax Bread) Recipe but a little easier and yummier I thought.  http://www.healthyindulgences.net/2011/07/bread-made-healthy-tasty-grain-free-and.html


This is the Pina Colada Ice cream, I topped mine with melted green & blacks 85% chocolate and coconut oil so it sets like ice magic.

The low carb bread rolls! These are yummy, not exactly bread but a cross between bread and a muffin.  Super filling and a nice change to put a yummy topping on.  I have been waiting to have something like this to use the Rapunzel Chocolate Hazelnut spread I bought a couple of weeks back and it was heavenly.


This is my new favourite! Chicken Taco Salad from a local Mexican takeaway here in New Plymouth, our first Mexican takeaway we've ever had here so it's a bit of a novelty at the moment and it's well priced.  They use free range chicken which is marinated in Tequila and then I get them to hold the beans, rice and corn and top with with lettuce, chicken, salsa, extra cheese, extra avocado and chipotle sauce.  The Taco shell is homemade and OMG delicious, obviously not at all Primal, I generally only end up having a little bit otherwise I feel too stuffed.

This is my primal take on the above salad, homemade without the Taco shell.  Not quite the same, their salsa, chicken and chipotle sauce is way better but it was still pretty good!

No comments

Post a Comment

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.