Roast Chicken with Reduction Gravy

Tuesday, November 8, 2011







Hi guys! I've been asked a few times about reduction gravy, the other night when I was making it I thought I would take some pics.

First roast your chicken, this is a size 24 and does us for 3 nights, first night roast meal, second night I use it for chicken carbonara and the 3rd night I make a chicken feta salad. Who ever said you can't do primal on a budget?...

I put tuscan seasoning and a bit of worchestire sauce on top and then roasted in a covered glass dish for 2 1/2 hours.  All the steam creates lots of moisture and an extremely tender chicken. 

Drain the stock into a saucepan as above.  If you can, remove the fat as then you don't get the split happening but otherwise it will still work fine.

Add a little cream, maybe 1/4 cup, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp curry powder, a few shakes of paprika and s&p

Boil slowly until it ressembles the 3rd picture.

Then take it off the heat and mix in a little more cream, pour over your roast, easy peasy and deliciously rich!!

No comments

Post a Comment

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.