Food snaps and why my scale is gone!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Just a general update guys! I hope that you are all still enjoying my blog.  I get a little bored sometimes constantly blogging about what I eat but I always get a lot of emails telling me how helpful it is so that's why I do it.

For any of you scale addicts out there please check this out: http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/

I haven't weighed on the scale for a long time now, I don't track my progress that way anymore, it's a far cry from the woman I used to be who was a little obsessed with the scale.  I still can't believe that I've managed to ditch it and I feel far healthier for it.

I'm happy with the the size I am, I'm much more focused with toning my body, I was giving the scale too much power and it was dictating how I was feeling each day, now I just measure every few weeks and my clothes will tell me pretty fast if I'm not reaching my goals, I wear jeans almost daily so I'd know very fast.

I'm back into weight training and loving it, doing some personal training with my Pilates instructor and enjoying every minute of it, I do love the feeling of sore muscles and I'm feeling really healthy.  Here's a few snaps of my food, I update on Facebook more than on here as it's faster so be sure you head over and like my page if you want updates on my food and motivation etc...https://www.facebook.com/PrimalJourney




4 comments

  1. I'd love to know what you do when you weight train! and agind your food looks great and uncomplicated:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarahz, I do a pretty basic program at the moment as I'm just starting up again. Basically just things like lat pulldown, shoulder press, bench press, bench dips with a medicine ball, squats, lunges, leg extension, leg press etc...no big weights at the moment but I'm getting stronger already so hopefully can up the weights as I get stronger. I also do a lot of pilates which I'm more advanced in than weights at this stage. Thanks I do like uncomplicated food!

      Delete
  2. I ditched my scale this year. I am using different size jeans to measure progress. I do, however, weigh from time to time at the gym and it always throws me off kilter for the day...so I vow NOT to do that to myself again. I do get weighed at the doc's office but I probably will not see her again this year...so it may not be until next March or so that I actually weigh myself...can I make???? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome to hear Lynn, I'm definitely feeling a whole lot better since not weighing, using jeans as a form of measurement I think is best, they tell you a whole lot! wow to not weigh until next march will be a real test ;)

      Delete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.