Keeping the weight off!

Friday, October 18, 2013



The first picture was taken in August 2008. The second picture was taken (yesterday) October 2013. I have kept 40kgs off for five years which is relatively rare, the "statistics" is that the majority of people who lose weight generally gain it back and then some within five years. I am in the minority of something like 5-10% who have kept their weight off. I think the biggest reason why I haven't gained it all back is because I've never felt like I was dieting, I eat Primal, I love it and I finally feel free from a dieting mentality. I have definitely had ups and downs on this journey but that's life, if I waited until the timing was perfect then I would've never started!

While I have always been a smiley person, behind the smile it was a different story. I was suffering from debilitating depression, anxiety and panic attacks and hardly left the house. I couldn't exercise easily and had bad knees, my blood sugar spikes and lows gave me chronic lightheadedness all the time, I didn't recognise the person staring back at me in the mirror, I had no job and I felt like I had no hope. With the loving support of my amazing husband I have managed to turn it all around.

Five years on and I no longer suffer the debilitating depression, anxiety and panic attacks I once did, I run my own successful business that I started five years ago, I can exercise freely with no knee pain, I don't have to constantly eat every couple of hours to stabilise my blood sugar, I am happier, I am healthier and I have a completely different outlook on life, suffice to say I am a different person, this journey is so much more than just a physical transformation!



1 comment

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.