Consistency is key!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It’s been 5 years since I’ve considered grains a part of my diet that I sometimes forget that we are still living in a world where toast or cereal is considered breakfast, a sandwich or panini is lunch, a muffin for a snack and pasta is a side dish to dinner. The effect that gluten and most grains have on my digestive system (and possibly yours) simply doesn’t make it a choice I’m willing to make on a regular basis. 

Instead I focus on what foods make me feel good. On a daily basis I eat eggs, red meat, poultry, fish etc.. good quality high fat dairy, vegetables, berries, nuts, saturated fats and my sanity foods are coffee and dark chocolate. I feel so completely well fed and well nourished that I simply don’t have the desire to eat grains. Sometimes I might have a treat that I wouldn’t include as a regular part of my daily diet but I don’t consider it a “cheat”, I just consider it a choice. I am not someone that can eat highly stimulating foods in moderation so I choose wisely if I’m going to indulge, by no means am I a primal or paleo eating purist.

One of the reasons I fell in love with The Primal Blueprint was the 80/20 principle, to this day I still stick with that, if I notice the balance becoming more 70/30 or 60/40 I know I need to check myself and nip any bad habits in the bud that may have started to slide. This has been key to maintaining my weight loss over the last few years, it’s never been about perfection, it’s always been about consistency.

No comments

Post a Comment

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.